Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy is incorporated into, and forms part of, the Service Agreement. You must comply with this policy when using the Services and Handsets, and you must cause your users to comply with this policy when they use the Services and Handsets.
In this agreement:
- "we", "us", "our", and "Airtel" mean Airtel Wireless Ltd. and its affiliates.
- "you" and "your" mean an Airtel account holder.
- "Handset" means any phone, device, accessory or other product Airtel sells you or that is active on your account with Airtel.
- "Services" means all services Airtel provides to your or agrees to provide to you.
- "Service Agreement" means the Customer Service Agreement between you and Airtel.
- "users" means your employees, representatives and other individuals who use any of the Services on or through your account with Airtel.
Airtel may revise this policy from time to time without notice by posting a new version at airtelwireless.ca. Accordingly, you should consult this document regularly to ensure your activities conform to the most recent version. Please direct any questions or comments regarding this policy and complaints of violations of this policy by subscribers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- use any of the Services or Handsets to:
- use, possess, post, upload, transmit, disseminate or otherwise make available content that is unlawful or violates the copyright or other intellectual property rights of others;
- participate in any illegal activity, including activities involving illegal drugs, weapons or gambling;
- invade another person’s privacy or collect, use, disclose or store personal data about other users without their consent;
- stalk or harass another person or entity;
- post, upload, transmit or otherwise make available information or software containing a virus, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful, limiting, destructive or debilitating feature;
- distribute mass or unsolicited e-mail ("spam");
- generate levels of traffic sufficient to impede others’ ability to send or retrieve communication or information;
- disrupt any backbone network nodes or network service, or otherwise restrict, inhibit, disrupt or impede Airtel’s ability to monitor or deliver the Services, our transmissions or data; or
- impersonate any person or entity, including an Airtel official, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- restrict, inhibit or interfere with the ability of any person to access, use or enjoy the Services or any equipment used to connect to the Services, or create an unusually large burden on Airtel’s network;
- use any of the Services or Handsets in an abusive manner in connection with any unlimited packages, options or promotions;
- copy, distribute, sub-license or otherwise make available any software Airtel provides or make available to you, except as authorized by Airtel;
- reverse engineer, de-compile, hack, disable, disrupt, interfere with, disassemble, copy, decrypt, reassemble, supplement, translate, adapt or enhance any of the equipment or software used to provide the Services;
- attempt to use any of the Services or Handsets in such a manner so as to avoid incurring charges for usage;
- use, reproduce, sell, resell or otherwise exploit the Services for any commercial purposes;
- alter, reproduce, or tamper with the Services or any function, component or identifier of any of the Handsets, such as the Electronic Serial Number (ESN) or the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) that is not meant to be altered, reproduced or tampered with;
- avoid, circumvent, or disable any access control technology, security device, procedure, protocol, or technological protection mechanism that may be included or established in or as part of any the Services or Handsets or any hardware/software used to provide the Services; or
- Use the Services for anything other than your own personal purposes, or share or transfer the Services without Airtel’s consent.
Violation of this Acceptable Use Policy
Airtel prefers to advise customers of inappropriate behaviour and any necessary corrective action. However, if you or any of your users violates this policy, Airtel may suspend some or all of the Services and/or terminate the Services Agreement. Airtel will have no liability for any such responsive actions. The above actions are not exclusive remedies and Airtel may take any other legal or technical action deemed appropriate. The failure to enforce this policy, for whatever reason, will not be construed as a waiver of any right to do so at any time.